There are many precautions in the use of machinery, we should keep in mind, so that we can better use machinery and equipment.
Precautions during mechanical installation
- Pay great attention to avoid installation deviation during installation.
1) The tightening of the gland should be carried out after the coupling is aligned. The bolts should be evenly supported to prevent the end face of the gland from a deflection. Check each point with a feeler gauge, and the error should not be greater than 0.05 mm;
2) Check the fit clearance (ie concentricity) between the gland and the outer diameter of the shaft or sleeve. The circumference should be even. Use a feeler gauge to check that the tolerance of each point is not more than 0.01 mm.
- The compression of the spring must be carried out in accordance with the regulations, and no excessive or small phenomena are allowed, and the required error is 2.00 mm. If it is too large, the specific pressure of the end face will be increased, and the end face will be worn out. Too small will cause insufficient specific pressure and can not play a sealing role.
- After the moving ring is installed, the beard should be able to move flexibly on the shaft. After the moving ring is pressed to the spring, it should automatically spring back.
Precautions during mechanical disassembly
- Be careful when disassembling the mechanical seal. Hand hammers and flat shovels are strictly prohibited to avoid damaging the sealing elements. A pair of wire hooks can be made, and the sealing device can be pulled out by extending into the gap of the transmission seat in the direction of self-financing. If the fouling cannot be removed, it should be cleaned and then removed;
- If mechanical seals are used at both ends of the pump, take care of each other during assembly and disassembly to prevent one from losing another;
- For the mechanical seal that has been in operation, if the gland is loose and the seal moves, the dynamic and static ring parts must be replaced, and should not be re-tightened for continued use. Because after the movement, the original running track of the friction pair will change, and the sealing of the contact surface is easily damaged.